Home > Choose Your Own Adventure, Your Turn > Choose Your Own Adventure 118: Not What We Wanted

Choose Your Own Adventure 118: Not What We Wanted


The previous post in this series is here.

From last time, your choice was to take the man currently disguised as you as a prisoner, and thence, play along for information and access.

Part 118

The man doesn’t weigh much more than you actually do, so if someone decides to help, it won’t be too unbelievable.  You lift him up onto one shoulder, and walk out, accompanied by the lieutenant and the other guards.

You glance at them.  “Can I get a hand here?”

The lieutenant gives one of his subordinates a close look, and the younger man joins you in hauling your unconscious prisoner.

You walk out of the inn as a group, with the older woman tending the front counter staring at you the whole time.  “Who’s going to pay the tab for that room?”

The lieutenant hangs back, saying something conciliatory before handing her a few large coins, courtesy of the Emperor, with a request to not spread word of the events here too widely.

“For this?  It’s been a very quiet, boring morning.”

You leave, and follow the others into a nearby alley, where a cart and horses stand waiting.  This was the ride the group used to go through town so rapidly, along with a couple of additional horses to round out their numbers and, most likely, to prevent any crowd from gathering.

Behind you, you can hear the lieutenant discussing something, quietly, with one of the other guards.  You dare not turn to get a look at him — you might lose your grip on your prisoner, and it would look suspicious besides.

The only words you make out are those that occur a minute or so after the conversation stops, from just behind you.

“Orders were dead, not alive.”

Then, you feel a fierce pain in your chest.  Looking down, you see a blade protruding from it.  Then it twists… and the world darkens.

***

Oops!  That was a Death Scene ™.  Time to go back a step, and try again:

The Choices

Option 117: This is more people with more skills than you can manage at once, and you doubt that you can successfully bluff them for long.  Use your flash spell, and get out of there.

Option 119: Kill “Severel Mazurek.”  Then play along as long as you can to get information, and perhaps entry to the palace.

Advertisements
  1. Dan
    2013/12/31 at 4:13 am

    119

  2. 2013/12/31 at 8:13 pm

    Well, I guess using this foreknowledge, the answer is 119.

  3. 2014/01/08 at 4:55 am

    Next post is up: https://clementsgame.wordpress.com/2014/01/08/choose-your-own-adventure-119-blood-spilled/

    But you should know… choosing 117 actually wouldn’t have killed you.

  1. 2014/01/08 at 4:54 am

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: